- Request to be put on the Kansas City Regional Center's List for Placement.
- Meet your KCRC Service Coordinator and request a list of providers in your area. Explore funding needs through Medicaid Waiver funding, purchase of service funding, family directed support funding and private pay. If you are not eligible for funding through the Department of Mental Health, you may call the Division of Aging at (816) 380-3597.
- Contact agencies from the list of providers and request a tour. Meet with staff at the programs, review your support and programming needs with the providers. Read How to Choose a Provider to help you with your decision.
- Research Transportation possibilities in your area like Jackson County Division of Transportation and Share a Fare Cab service.
- Select a provider and request services.
Visit the Visit the Metropolitan Council on Developmental Disabilities web page for more information on this process.